Analytical Reflection

 During the first week of this module, I had scarce knowledge of critical thinking and how that can be applied to our everyday life, inside and outside of class. In the past 14 weeks, I have learned how to write up a formal report that has proper citations with proper language. I have always lacked in report writing because I did not know how to cite phrases and sentences properly. Every day, I look forward to attending Prof Blackstone's lesson because this lesson has helped me improve my language skills, report writing skills, and presentation skills. These skills are vital in the upcoming IWSP, as well as after tertiary education in the workforce.

For my report writing, I have learned that not every source is reliable and we must choose which source to use wisely. 14 weeks of lessons have helped me tremendously in helping me gain knowledge on report writing and source finding. I was not aware of the Google Scholar function and how it can be used to generate good and useful sources. The numerous assignments we had may look like a burden to others. However, to me, it was a chance for improvement. Even at this moment, writing this analytical reflection, it would have been a struggle for me to write in the past. But now, I feel more confident in my writing and all that is thanks to this module.   

For project learning, I have learned a great deal about myself. In the past, presentations have not been an issue for me. I have never had to memorize such a great deal of information in so little time, disregarding the fact that I had to juggle other submissions and examinations along with it. I had to memorize information that before this, have had zero knowledge of. Therefore, it was quite difficult to be able to stand in front of an audience and be able to speak confidently. This experience has shown me that when we prepare for a presentation, we should familiarize ourselves with the information as much as possible, to not fumble in the pressure. 

From this experience, I have learned that I crack under pressure when I am not able to deliver something with at least 75% knowledge. I realize now that in the future when I deal with presentations that deal with a lot of information, I must be prepared to deliver. However, on a good note, I have gained sufficient knowledge in report writing and delivering with good language use and citation use, which is essential for education and outside of education. 

Out of all the modules in the past 2 trimesters, I have enjoyed Critical Thinking the most. It has empowered me with the knowledge to write up excellent reports and that it all just comes down to practice as well. I am forever grateful to Professor Blackstone for giving me so much of his knowledge and wisdom, and helping me whenever I am in need.

Thank you.

Comments

  1. Thank you, Javid, for this detailed reflection and your heart-felt sharing. I also appreciate the kind words!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Self-Introductory Letter

The importance of communication skills for engineers

Initial research pathway on the General Electric GE9X Aircraft Engine